[FoME] New Publication on Media & Democratisation

Christoph Dietz CD at CAMECO.ORG
Mo Okt 7 10:41:59 CEST 2013

( mailto:nico.carpentier at vub.ac.be)
new publication, available to download as PDF from our website.

Media and Democratisation: What is Known about the Role of Mass Media
in Transitions to Democracy

By Nael Jebril, Václav Stetka, Matthew Loveless

The report explores what is known about the roles of the mass media in
transitions to democracy. It offers a fundamental overview of thinking
regarding democratisation through the media, and covers the major works,
theories, and themes relevant to the study of mass media in transitional
contexts.

An article with more detail is on our website at
https://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/about/news/item/article/media-and-democratisation-what-is.html

The direct link to the PDF is
https://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/fileadmin/documents/Publications/Working_Papers/Media_and_Democratisation.pdf

Many thanks and best wishes,

Kate

Kate Hanneford-Smith

Web Editor & Events/ Communications Officer

Reuters Institute for the Study  of Journalism

University of Oxford

Tel: +44 0 1865 611 091