[FoME] The Kony-Question

Radiobridge at aol.com Radiobridge at aol.com
Fr Mär 16 11:51:48 CET 2012

Hi, this is Klaus Jürgen Schmidt, and I would like to forward this  item:

The Drum Beat Network
Re: KONY 2012 Campaign and Debate - Implications  for Development
Effectiveness?
http://www.comminit.com/policy-blogs/content/lessons-learned-kony-2012-campa
ign-0

Hi  and best wishes. Over the past week a development communication and
media  initiative has rocked the development world. I am sure that we have all
been  observing and/or participating in the KONY 2012 Campaign and debate as
it has  gone viral. It is controversial. Strong opinions have resulted.

What  lessons - positive and negative - can we learn from this initiative
for our  work? What do you assess as the added value and lessons learned for
development  practice and effectiveness from this "campaign"?

Riona McCormack, the  REPSSI Regional Communications Officer in South
Africa, has written a blog that  outlines her opinion of "Lessons learned from
the KONY 2012 campaign". "Love it  or hate it, the online phenomenon that is
KONY 2012 offers valuable lessons to  development communicators." You can
access the full blog here: