[FoME] Speaker Announcement - 2011 FoME Symposium

Geraldine de Bastion geraldine.debastion at newthinking.de
Di Sep 6 13:24:35 CEST 2011

Dear FoME members,

With less than two months to go until the 2011 FoME Symposium: “Hype or
Hope? The impact of digital media on journalism and development” the
event is taking shape and we are happy to announce our first speakers:

* Brenda Burrell (Freedom Fone) and Sean Mc Donald (FrontlineSMS) are
experts in mobile reporting and will share insights on the power or
mobile reporting for the collection and dissemination of news

* Gordana Igric (Balkan Investigative Reporting Network BIRN) and
Gustavo Gorriti (Peruvian Investigative Reporter), will be speaking on
the future of investigative journalism and new business models

* Dr. Carl-Christian Buhr (European Digital Agenda Commissioner) will be
introducing the topic of data journalism

Not only are our speakers coming from all over the world: Over 40 people
have registered for the conference– including participants from London
to Chennai, from Washington D.C. to La Paz. This means around half the
places are taken. Be sure to secure your place at the 2011 Symposium by
simply registering online at
http://training.dw-world.de/ausbildung/blogs/fome2011/registration

Have you made your own experiences working with new media and media
development? If so, please take a few minutes to share your experiences
by participating in our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FOME2011
- it will only take a few minutes and will help us learn about current
projects and approaches.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and welcoming you in
Bonn, Germany on October 25th and 26th!

Geraldine de Bastion
(on behalf of the Deutsche Welle Akademie and the 2011 FoME Symposium Team)

--
Geraldine de Bastion
newthinking communications GmbH

T:  +49 30 692033791
M: +49 1799975766
W: www.newthinking.de

newthinking communications GmbH (NTC GmbH)
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: AG Charlottenburg
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 102015 B
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gebhard