[FoME] FW: Anna Lindh Digest - Edition 6.0

Nagla Abed Nagla.Abed at bibalex.org
Mo Jun 27 10:08:42 CEST 2011

Hallo,

ich moechte mich hiermit kurz vorstellen und auf den Anna Lindh Digest aufmerksam machen (unten).

Ich arbeite fuer die Anna Lindh Stiftung (Euro-Med focus) in Alexandria in der Programme Coordination Unit und bin unter anderem fuer  den Anna Lindh Digest mitverantwortlich  (The Anna Lindh Digest is a resource bringing together a selection of news, in depth articles, contextual information and expert analysis on fields which are relevant for intercultural dialogue across the Euro-Mediterranean region.)

Ich wuerde mich sehr freuen, wenn Ihr diesen Newsletter an Interessierte weiterleiten wuerdet und ueber  jegliche Anmerkungen.

Gruesse aus Aegypten,
Nagla

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.<http://www.euromedalex.org/digest/issue_6.html>

[Anna Lindh Digest Header]

[Digest Collage of Images]

INTERCULTURAL AFFAIRS

Egypt after January 25: Survey of Youth Migration Intentions<http://www.migration4development.org/content/egypt-after-january-25-survey-youth-migration-intentions>
Le Monde
According to a survey by IOM Egypt, January 25 events have only had a limited impact on the migration intentions of Egyptian youth, who remain relatively optimistic about the... Read more<http://www.migration4development.org/content/egypt-after-january-25-survey-youth-migration-intentions>

The Rage of the 'Indignants': A European Generation Takes to the Streets<http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,767032,00.html>
Der Spiegel
For weeks, hundreds of young people have been camping out in central Madrid. And others across Europe have now begun following their example. Protests in Lisbon, Paris, Athens and... Read more<http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,767032,00.html>

Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion<http://ipsnews.net/text/news.asp?idnews=55721>
By Irina Bokova and Jorge Sampaio
All cultures contribute to the enrichment of humankind. Human beings must respect one another in all their diversity of belief, culture and language. Differences within and between... Read more<http://ipsnews.net/text/news.asp?idnews=55721>

Apologie des révolutions sans idéologie<http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2011/05/21/apologie-des-revolutions-sans-ideologie_1525486_3232.html>
Le Monde
Ce ne sont pas des révoltes, mais des révolutions. Quels que soient les nuages qui assombrissent les insurrections du "printemps arabe" et obturent quelque peu leur horizon... Read more<http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2011/05/21/apologie-des-revolutions-sans-ideologie_1525486_3232.html>

La mobilité des jeunes: entre rêve et réalité<http://www.euranet.eu/fre/Dossiers/Les-jeunes-et-la-politique/La-mobilite-des-jeunes-entre-reve-et-realite>
Euranet
Un jeune européen sur deux rêve de travailler à l'étranger. C'est en tous cas ce que conclut une enquête de la Commission Européenne. Mais entre le rêve et la réalité, il y a tout un... Read more<http://www.euranet.eu/fre/Dossiers/Les-jeunes-et-la-politique/La-mobilite-des-jeunes-entre-reve-et-realite>

The Mission in Christianity and Islam: The Claim to Truth in a Plural Society<http://en.qantara.de/The-Claim-to-Truth-in-a-Plural-Society/16310c16514i1p77/index.html>
Qantara.de
Proselytising means in part to impose one's faith on others. In a book of collected essays Muslim and Christian theologians explore together how the profession of faith can be lived... Read more<http://en.qantara.de/The-Claim-to-Truth-in-a-Plural-Society/16310c16514i1p77/index.html>

Arab spring 2011 and Europe's fall of communism in 1989<http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/article/37563/maghreb-central-eastern-europe-democracy-exchange.html>
Cafebabel
As the Maghreb goes through its transitions, a look at the lessons learned from central and eastern Europe. Opinion from Daniel Novotny, deputy director of the research centre at the... Read more<http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/article/37563/maghreb-central-eastern-europe-democracy-exchange.html>

IN FOCUS: THE ARAB RENAISSANCE

Reflections on Arab Renaissance<http://www.aucegypt.edu/GAPP/CairoReview/Pages/articleDetails.aspx?aid=22>
Ahmed Zewail/AUC - Cairo Review
I recently read an important study that left me in awe of the knowledge demographics of our planet. In Educating All Children: A Global Agenda, Joel Cohen and David Bloom argue... Read more<http://www.aucegypt.edu/GAPP/CairoReview/Pages/articleDetails.aspx?aid=22>

The second Arab Renaissance<http://mideast.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/04/14/the_second_arab_renaissance>
Jean-Pierre Filiu/Foreign Policy
The democratic uprising is only beginning in the Arab world. It would be wrong to assess it based on either its initial breakthroughs in Tunisia and Egypt or from the various setbacks... Read more<http://mideast.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/04/14/the_second_arab_renaissance>

Traduction Reste Incontournable Dans Tout Projet De Renaissance<http://www.infomaroc.net/general/102199.html>
La Entretien avec Hachem Saleh/InfoMaroc
"D'ailleurs, toutes les Renaissances dans le monde étaient basées sur des projets colossaux de traduction. Chez les Européens, la Renaissance n'a démarré qu'après avoir traduit les... Read more<http://www.infomaroc.net/general/102199.html>

Muslim Nostalgia Won't Bring a Renaissance<http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/new/blogs/aswany/Muslim_Nostalgia_Wont_Bring_a_Renaissance?utm_source=Pinpointe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=June+6+2011+WAJ+Roland+Flamini>
Alaa Al Aswany/World Affairs
Trying to produce an imaginary history of the Islamic caliphate will be no more than concocting mental images that may be attractive but unfortunately are unreal, like the... Read more<http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/new/blogs/aswany/Muslim_Nostalgia_Wont_Bring_a_Renaissance?utm_source=Pinpointe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=June+6+2011+WAJ+Roland+Flamini>

Whither the Political and Social Movement in Arab Countries - Can we Expect a New Arab Renaissance?<http://www.boell-meo.org/downloads/Perspectives_02-15_Adib_Nehme.pdf>
Adib Nehme/ Perspectives
If we focus on the socioeconomic axis, we identify ourselves, as Arabs, as belonging to the South, while Europe, North America and other industrially advanced nations are... Read more<http://www.boell-meo.org/downloads/Perspectives_02-15_Adib_Nehme.pdf>

The Greeks, the Arabs and Us<http://www.transeuropeennes.eu/en/articles/114/The_Greeks_the_Arabs_and_Us/renaissance>
Irène Rosier-Catch, Marwan Rashed,Alain Libera, Philippe Buettgen/Transeuropeennes
La question du « nous » européen s'est récemment nouée à plusieurs controverses sur la traduction et la transmission des savoirs. Ces débats semblent d'abord érudits, lointains...Read more<http://www.transeuropeennes.eu/en/articles/114/The_Greeks_the_Arabs_and_Us/renaissance>

LIBRARY

Mobility Of Young Volunteers Across Europe<http://youth-partnership-eu.coe.int/youth-partnership/news/attachments/mobility-of-young-volunteers.pdf>
European Union and the Committee of the Region
The main aim of the study 'Mobility of Young Volunteers across Europe' was to review the conceptual and practical issues hindering the mobility of young volunteers across Europe... Read more<http://youth-partnership-eu.coe.int/youth-partnership/news/attachments/mobility-of-young-volunteers.pdf>

Inspired by Technology, Driven by Pedagogy: A Systemic Approach to Technology-Based School Innovations<http://www.euromedalex.org/node/13742>
Centre for Educational Research and Innovation / OECD 2010
This report highlights key issues to facilitate understanding of how a systemic approach to technology-based school innovations can contribute to quality education for all while... Read more<http://www.euromedalex.org/node/13742>

USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES

CEPS - European Neighbourhood Watch
http://www.ceps.eu/system/files/simplenews/2009/09/NWatch69.pdf

Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean
www.ufmsecretariat.org<http://www.ufmsecretariat.org/>

Virtual Library of the Mediterranean Sea
www.manumed.org<http://www.manumed.org/>

BabelMed (Online Magazine on Mediterranean Cultures)
www.babelmed.net<http://www.babelmed.net/>

Anna Lindh Intercultural Library
www.euromedalex.org/trends/publication-search<http://www.euromedalex.org/trends/publication-search>

Common Ground News Service
http://www.commongroundnews.org<http://www.commongroundnews.org/>

Quantara - Dialogue with the Islamic Word
www.qantara.de<http://www.qantara.de/>

The Global Experts - Analysis on demand
www.theglobalexperts.org<http://www.theglobalexperts.org/>

EUROMED MEDIA REVIEW

Morocco's Youssef Amrani appointed new Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean<http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/general/morocco_s_youssef_am2815/view>
Maghreb Arab Press
Moroccan diplomat Youssef Amrani was appointed Wednesday Secretary-General of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), said an official source in Paris.... Read more<http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/general/morocco_s_youssef_am2815/view>

Europe and its Arab Neighbors: New Wine in Old Skins<http://carnegieendowment.org/arb/?fa=show&article=44642>
By Richard Gillespie
The Arab Spring has prompted a more energetic European consideration of how to support transitions from authoritarianism in southern Mediterranean countries, yet a thorough rethink of its regional approach... Read more<http://carnegieendowment.org/arb/?fa=show&article=44642>

A Marshall Plan for the Arab World<http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/frattini3/English>
By Franco Frattini
US President Barack Obama's major speech on the consequences of the Arab Spring is also a challenge for Europe. Only if the trans-Atlantic partnership proves effective, as it did to meet... Read more<http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/frattini3/English>

Le printemps arabe au coeur des annonces du G8<http://www.latribune.fr/actualites/economie/international/20110526trib000624625/le-printemps-arabe-au-coeur-des-annonces-du-g8.html>
La Tribune.fr
Les pays les plus riches de la planète vont lancer un "partenariat durable" avec la Tunisie et l'Egypte. Une façon pour Nicolas Sarkozy de relancer son Union pour la méditerranée en...Read more<http://www.latribune.fr/actualites/economie/international/20110526trib000624625/le-printemps-arabe-au-coeur-des-annonces-du-g8.html>

Progress in relations between the EU and seven Southern Neighbours: Commission releases new reports<http://www.enpi-info.eu/mainmed.php?id_type=1&id=25361&lang_id=450>
ENPI
The individual reports on progress in relations between the European Union and seven of its Neighbours in the South, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the occupied Palestinian... Read more<http://www.enpi-info.eu/mainmed.php?id_type=1&id=25361&lang_id=450>

Rive Sud de la Méditerranée, une nouvelle opportunité?<http://www.canalacademie.com/ida7058-Rive-Sud-de-la-Mediterranee-une.html>
Canal Academie
Quels lendemains pour la Révolution arabe? Ces Etats en pleine transition démocratique vont avoir besoin de soutien. L'occasion pour l'Union Européenne de s'affirmer en tant que... Read more<http://www.canalacademie.com/ida7058-Rive-Sud-de-la-Mediterranee-une.html>

Religious leaders gather to discuss EU's neighbourhood policy<http://www.enpi-info.eu/main.php?id_type=1&id=25382&lang_id=450>
Religious leaders from across Europe have met in Brussels to discuss effective ways to promote rights and liberties with a view to building a Partnership for democracy and shared... Read more<http://www.enpi-info.eu/main.php?id_type=1&id=25382&lang_id=450>

EU delegation: EU monitoring of elections up to Egyptian govt<http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/454242>
Al Masry Al Youm
Europe supports the democratic transformation in Egypt after the 25 January revolution, said Marc Franco, head of the European Union delegation to Egypt at a press conference... Read more<http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/454242>

New initiatives by the Anna Lindh's Arab Networks for the Promotion of Democracy in the Region<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/new-initiatives-anna-lindhs-arab-networks-promotion-democracy-region>
Anna Lindh Foundation
The training seminar on Social and Democratic Participation organized by Anna Lindh Foundation in Cairo, concluded after having brought together 50 civil society activists from... Read more<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/new-initiatives-anna-lindhs-arab-networks-promotion-democracy-region>

UN Conference backs support for Egyptian and Tunisian broadcast media<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/un-conference-backs-support-egyptian-tunisian-broadcast-media>
Anna Lindh Foundation
The Anna Lindh Foundation joins forces with international organisations for the promotion of pluralistic and independent media to ensure the success of democratic transition in the... Read more<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/un-conference-backs-support-egyptian-tunisian-broadcast-media>

Cross-Cultural Education in Beirut<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/cross-cultural-education-beirut>
Anna Lindh Foundation
>From the 2nd to the 3rd of June 2011, an international conference on cross-cultural teaching about intercultural and religious issues will take place at Notre Dame University in Beirut...Read more<http://www.euromedalex.org/news/cross-cultural-education-beirut>

The Anna Lindh Digest is a resource for civil society bringing together a selection of news, in depth articles, contextual information and expert analysis on fields which are relevant for intercultural dialogue across the Euro-Mediterranean region.

Please send your feedbacks and proposed articles for future editions to: team at annalindhdigest.org<mailto:team at annalindhdigest.org>

To unsubscribe from future editions of the Anna Lindh Digest, please reply to this e-mail with "Unsubscribe" in the subject.

If you add team at annalindhdigest.org<mailto:team at annalindhdigest.org> to your email address book you can see images by default and the email will not be treated as spam.

Anna Lindh Foundation
International Headquarters
P.O. Box 732 El Mansheia