[FoME] Southern Africa - Forum "The wild, wild web - the battle for the internet"

Markus.Brauckmann at kas.de Markus.Brauckmann at kas.de
Fr Jan 28 09:46:25 CET 2011

Liebe Kollegen, dear collegues,

please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Markus Brauckmann and I am
the new director of the media programme Subsahara-Africa of the Konrad
Adenauer Stiftung (KAS Media Africa). This week in Johannesburg, KAS Media
Africa organized/presented "The wild, wild web - the battle for ther
internet! Who makes the rules?" - a very lively regional debate that
tackled the timely issue of internet regulation. The discussion is
on-going so we are going to cover it some more later this year. Please
find the accompanying report here...

German: http://www.kas.de/medien-afrika/de/publications/21728/
English:  http://www.kas.de/medien-afrika/en/publications/21755/

If you have any questions/suggestions, please let me know. As a special
service, you will also find a three-minute video: www.kas.de/mediaafrica
(first news item)

Best Regards, markus

Markus Brauckmann
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS)
Director Media Programme Sub-Sahara Africa

60 Hume Road, Dunkeld 2196
Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa

phone +27 (0) 11 214 2902
fax +27 (0) 11 214 2913/4