[FoME] Launch of fesmedia Africa Facebook Page

Yvonne @ FESMEDIA fesmedia at fesmedia.org
Mo Jul 26 15:46:54 CEST 2010

Dear Colleagues, Friends of fesmedia Africa and FES,

Following the launch of the fesmedia Africa website
<http://www.fesmedia.org> www.fesmedia.org, the fesmedia Africa team would
like to introduce the fesmedia Africa Facebook Page. fesmedia Africa
believes it is vital to find new means through which to reach a broader
audience and is joining the social networking bandwagon.

 <http://www.facebook.com/pages/fesmedia-Africa/114155055272597>
www.facebook.com/pages/fesmedia-Africa/114155055272597 will serve as a
platform to host open discussions regarding media issues, update partners on
fesmedia Africa events, upload information on our activities and allow users
to write reviews on fesmedia Africa content.

Activities:

·         The fesmedia Africa facebook page will be updated daily once daily
news and statement are updated on  <http://www.fesmedia.org>
www.fesmedia.org in order to notify readers of new developments.

·         The facebook page will be used to notify users of upcoming
fesmedia Africa events (e.g. African Media Barometer, etc.).

·         Weekly discussions will be hosted on the facebook page. These
discussions will give all users the opportunity to voice their opinions on
current media related issues.

For colleagues and friends who do not have facebook accounts, we are pleased
to inform you the fesmedia Africa facebook page can still be accessed by
simply following this link
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/fesmedia-Africa/114155055272597>
www.facebook.com/pages/fesmedia-Africa/114155055272597

We look forward to your contributions, be it by participating in our
discussions, sharing articles or by commenting on fesmedia Africa content so
that fesmedia Africa can continue to provide a platform for information and
discussions concerning the state of the media in Africa. We would also
appreciate if you could help us by promoting our website’s existence among
your partners, friends and students who are working on media issues and ask
them for critical input.

We hope you enjoy fesmedia Africa’s latest project

Your fesmedia Africa Team

Mareike Le Pelley, Tina Hennecken, Sophie Mukenge Kabongo , Yvonne Möller
and John Lush

Logo with FES_final

95 John Meinert Strasse, Windhoek West

P O Box 23652

Windhoek, Namibia

Tel (+264 61) 237438, Fax (+264 61) 237441

e-mail  <mailto:fesmedia at fesmedia.org> fesmedia at fesmedia.org