[FoME] LIVE WEBCAST: Freedom of Press in South Asia: Old Challenges, New Media Conference, 3 -4 May 2009, Kathmandu, Nepal

Sofie Jannusch Sofie.Jannusch at CAMECO.ORG
Mo Mai 4 13:02:27 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,

Panos South Asia in collaboration with UNESCO and Federation of Nepalese Journalists (FNJ) is organising a South Asian regional conference 'Freedom of Press in South Asia: Old Challenges, New Media' on 3rd and 4th May 2009, to commemorate the World Press Freedom Day 2009.

In this regard, and in order to reach out to wider audience beyond the confines of the conference hall, we are pleased to announce that the proceedings of the conference shall be LIVE WEBCAST from Nepal Standard Time 12:30 pm on 3rd May and from 09:00 am on 4th May 2009. The live webcast can be accessed at:

www.panosmultimedia.org

The detail program of the conference is also available on the webcast site. You can also participate virtually by submitting your comments and questions online through the feedback window form which is available on the webcast site.

Look forward to your active participation.

Best regards,

Kishor Pradhan
Deputy Director, Panos South Asia
Country Representative, Panos Nepal
Sri Durbar Tole, Patan, Lalitpur
GPO Box 13651, Kathmandu, Nepal

Tel: 977-1-5521889/5531447 (Off), Fax: 977-1-5544641
E-mail: kishor at panossouthasia.org
Cell: 977-9851040564

Website: www.panossouthasia.org

Listen online to Panos Radio South Asia at  www.panosradiosouthasia.org

"Panos South Asia's vision is to make our societies inclusive, democratic
and just. We seek to renegotiate power through the media by enabling diverse
opinions, ideas and theories to be included in the debate on governance and
development".

A. Sofie Jannusch
Catholic Media Council
P.O.Box 10 21 04