[FoME] Wtrlt: Freedom of Expression - Network Knowledge

Sofie Jannusch Sofie.Jannusch at CAMECO.ORG
Di Jun 9 13:00:00 CEST 2009

A. Sofie Jannusch
Catholic Media Council
P.O.Box 10 21 04
52021 Aachen
Fon: **49-241-70 13 12 12
skype: sofie.jannusch
Fax:  **49-241-70 13 12 33
Email: sofie.jannusch at cameco.org
Internet: http://www.cameco.org

>>> Cameco 09.06.2009 07:57 >>>

>>> "Warren Feek" <wfeek at comminit.com> Dienstag, 9. Juni 2009 05:23 >>>

To: Media Development Network - The Communication Initiative
From: Warren Feek - Executive Director - The CI

Re: Freedom of Expression

Hi and best wishes - this note is prompted by the International Freedom of Expression eXchange (IFEX) and Global Forum on Free Expression events in Oslo last week [which you may have attended].

I wanted to both quickly share links to some of the recent freedom of expression related knowledge shared on through The CI process and to encourage you to share your programme initiatives, strategic thinking, support materials, evaluation and research data etc through this process.

Generally you can find freedom of expression related knowledge and thinking through the Media Development theme site at http://www.comminit.com/en/mediadev.html - done with support from our Partner, Panos London

10 Recent Freedom of Exopression related Knowledge Summaries from The CI network

Listener as Producer: Minga Peru's Intercultural Radio Educative Project in the Peruvian Amazon
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/290626/2754

Applied Research on the Use and Potential for Mobile-friendly Content of Community Media
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/294122/2754

Community Media Sustainability Guide: The Business of Changing Lives
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/287055/2754

Freelancers in Mexico - A Survey - Findings and Challenges
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/290920/2754

Impact of Soft Containment on Freedom of Journalism and Independence of the Media in Jordan
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/292377/2754

DDS Sangham Radio
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/285673/2754

WACC Centre for Communication Rights
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/291732/2754

Digital Media, Democracy, and Diversity: An Imperfect Discourse
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/290692/2754

Online Journalsim Awards
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/290180/2754

Journalist Organization of Pakistan (JOP)
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/289869/2754

There are also relevant blogs in the Policy site at http://www.comminit.com/en/development_policy - done with support from our Partner BBC World Service Trust. If you access these please do rate them and submit comments - see bottom of the blog: a few examples

Accountability, media and the development system: a complicated romance - James Deane
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/289977/bbc

Donors, Governance and Media Aid: Some Thoughts from Sierra Leone - Bill Orme
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/291318/bbc

Scaling Steep Slopes - The Public Policies Helping to Transform Medellin - Warren Feek
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/274811/bbc

Another Development - Ricardo Ramirez and Wendy Quarry
http://www.comminit.com/en/node/291341/bbc

Thanks - please do let me know if we can share your initiatives, strategic thinking, support materials, research results etc through our processes. There are now over 75,000 people in The CI network with 65% in [so called] developing countries who ahve submitted 35,000 plus knowledge items. The CI portal was accessed by 2,800,000 individual user sessions over the past 12 months.

And do let me know by reply email if you are interested in blogging at http://www.comminit.com/en/development_policy

Thanks and best wishes - Warren

Warren Feek
Executive Director
The Communication Initiative

EMAIL: wfeek at comminit.com
BLOG: http://www.comminit.com/en/development_policy/bloggers/4
SITE: www.comminit.com
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/warrencomminit

1-250-658-6372 - office
1-250-588-8795 - mobile
1-250-658-1728 - fax

To unsubscribe from The Drum Beat and The Soul Beat, please reply to this email with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.