[Debatte-Grundeinkommen] King-Zitatzum BGE

Theophil Wonneberger the-o-phil at gmx.de
Mo Feb 9 14:14:06 CET 2009

Hallo Manfred,

meine Beeindruckung bezog sich in erster Linie auch auf das Datum.

Und zur Höhe des BGE: Auf derselben Seite findet sich auch noch Folgendes:

Another fragment from Dr. *Martin Luther King*'s 'Where are we going
<http://www.drmartinlutherkingjr.com/wherewearegoing.htm>':

/"//Two conditions are indispensable if we are to ensure that the
guaranteed income operates as a consistently progressive measure. First,
it must be pegged to the median income of society, not the lowest levels
of income. To guarantee an income at the floor would simply perpetuate
welfare standards and freeze into the society poverty conditions.
Second, the guaranteed income must be dynamic; it must automatically
increase as the total social income grows. Were it permitted to remain
static under growth conditions, the recipients would suffer a relative
decline. If periodic reviews disclose that the whole national income has
risen, then the guaranteed income would have to be adjusted upward by
the same percentage. Without these safeguards a creeping retrogression
would occur, nullifying the gains of security and stability."/*
*from 'Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?', 1967,  Dr. Martin
Luther King

Gruß, Theo

--
e-mail:    mail at theophil.de