A few feature requests for arbtt-stats

Nikola M nk.ogz at outlook.com
Wed Jan 20 13:24:22 CET 2016

Hi,

>>> Is that very useful?
>>>
>>> In a way it is already there; take the Total time recorded and divide
>>> by „Fraction of total time recorded“
>>
>> Well, sometimes I wonder how long I have been running arbtt-capture,
>> but arbtt-stats only shows my total computer uptime (Total time
>> recorded).
>>
>> Since the                        FirstRecord
>> &                         LastRecord values are already displayed, I
>> think it makes sense to show their difference for completeness.
>> I know it can be calculated from the already available values, but
>> it's easier to have the program do it :)
>>
>> If it's not very interesting/useful to other people, no problem.
>> I can always process the output with some other script when I'm
>> interested in the value.
>>
>> Request NOT ADDED to bitbucket.org for now.
>
> I’m also worried about the best wording for the row. “Total time” is
> very ambiguous, but “LastRecord - FirstRecord” is also not very nice,
> and quite technical (subtracting dates is a concept not easily
> understood by many).

I can't come up with a better name for "LastRecord - FirstRecord".
Maybe something involving the Age/Interval/Timespan of the log/records.

"LastRecord - FirstRecord" isn't very important for now.
I added the most important requests to Bitbucket.

Thank you for your time and your work on the program.

Best regards,
Nikola