ZuriHac: possible cooperation

Sergey Astanin s.astanin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:04:33 CET 2010

Hi Joachim,

I am coming to ZuriHac too. I see you listed arbtt on the projects'
page. I think we could cooperate on this.

I am not hit by performance yet, but implementing date/time rules is
certainly necessary. Better error reporting is probably related to
rewriting parser or rethinking config format (I admit it was not the
easiest to start with). It would be nice if the config format were a
little bit more regular, I think it could open a way to creating
higher level GUI wrapper, and eventually bring arbtt's capabilities to
those less technically inclined.

Nicer statistics/analytics might be useful too. In particular:

* option to export statistics in a machine-friendly format (tsv or
whatever), to make integration with third party tools possible
* I have lots of entries like "web:hamsterdb embedded database: foss
exceptions - Iceweasel", it would be nice to think of a way to deal
with such entries in a more or less automatic way (groupping by common
substrings, common subsequences of strings?)
* an optional charting facility (arbtt-chart) may be useful too, but I
think we should stick to the unix way.

BR,
Sergey