[Tiptoi] BNL reveng

Peto Júnoš petoju at gmail.com
Do Feb 6 09:49:11 CET 2020

Hi,

Dňa št 6. 2. 2020, 9:31 Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
napísal(a):

> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 07.01.2020, 19:55 +0100 schrieb Peto Júnoš via tiptoi:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm trying to look into a similar pen and it uses format "BNL". Has
> anyone looked into how that works?
>
> I don’t think so. Which pens use that format?

Mr Pen from Albi uses it.
https://www.albi.eu/games/mr-pen/
It has a localized version called Albi Pen, that's available in Czech
Republic and Slovakia.

Besides that, random searches on the Internet show there are "Quran readers
from AliExpress" that do that.

BNL files look like offset-indexed files containing MP3s with some selected
bytes broken. First broken byte in a file is just XORed with value in the
header and its offset is fixed. Offsets of more broken bytes seem to be
random; only a fraction  (I guess 1/8) of bytes seem to be broken.
That said, I did not manage to reconstruct a complete playable MP3, so the
observation about broken bytes may be incorrect.

Peter