[netz-bb] Fwd: International Municipalist Summit: #FearlessCities | 9 - 11 june

Elisabeth Voss post at elisabeth-voss.de
Mo Mai 15 15:00:18 CEST 2017

Betreff: 	International Municipalist Summit: #FearlessCities | 9 - 11 june
Datum: 	Sun, 14 May 2017 12:19:40 +0200
Von: 	FearlessCities Meeting <fearlesscities at bcnencomu.cat>
An: 	post at elisabeth-voss.de

Hello Elisabeth!

 From June 9th to 11th 2017, Barcelona en Comú is organizing the
*International Municipalist Summit: Fearless Cities*.

Please find below the link to the web:
http://fearlesscities.com/

In a world where inequalities are increasing day by day and hate and
authoritarianism are offered as solutions, towns and cities are
defending democracy, human rights and the commons.

The Summit will kick off on June 9th with a public rally where mayors
including Ada Colau, Mayor of Barcelona; Rena Dourou, Regional Governor
of Attica (Greece); Luigi de Magistris, Mayor of Naples (Italy), Jorge
Sharp, Mayor of Valparaíso (Chile), and Éric Piolle, Mayor of Grenoble
(France), amongst others, will participate.

Democracy was born in cities and in cities is where we can win it back
again. In the face of hate, walls and borders, let’s build global
networks of solidarity and hope from our towns and cities.

Come and debate, exchange policies and participate in practical
workshops with mayors, councilors and municipalist movements from all
over the world that are transforming the society bottom up. We think
Northern Europe participation will be crucial to make impossible the
argument of the "two Europes". We hope see you in Barcelona.

Sign up to participate in Fearless Cities
<http://fearlesscities.com/registration-workshops-and-roundtables/>!!

If it’s possible, we’d like to ask you two things in order to help us to
spread the word:
- Visit the event on: Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/293750187746228/> and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/BComuGlobal/status/860176345732710400>
- Forward this email to people that might be interested

See you soon to continue to build global municipalism!
----
International working group, Barcelona en Comú
<http://www.barcelonaencomu.cat/>
@BComuGlobal <http://www.twitter.com/bcomuglobal>
https://storify.com/BComuEnglish

For the *Fearless Cities Congress* please remember to register on the
website: www.fearlesscities.com <http://www.fearlesscities.com/>. ​