[smartmontools-support] smartmontools on Ubuntu

Thane K. Sherrington thane at computerconnectionltd.com
Mon May 27 14:27:28 CEST 2024

I often use a Live USB of Ubuntu for data recovery, hard drive testing
(especially since the current Windows NVME driver prevents smartctl from
properly testing the drive).  However; when I do an apt install
smartmontools I get 6.2.  Is there a way to get the current version?

Thanks,
--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
*Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016,
2017, 2018 and 2019!*
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)