[smartmontools-support] Virus scan

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Sun Oct 8 14:31:47 CEST 2023

Hi Jakov,

Jakov Jelinić wrote:
> "Virus scanners occasionally produce false positive virus reports for
> NSIS-installers, see theNSIS False Positives page
> <http://nsis.sourceforge.net/NSIS_False_Positives>. If this is the
> case for the smartmontools installer, please send a report to the
> smartmontools-support mailing list."
>
> I scan this file:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/files/latest/download
>
> Here's the result:
>
> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/76880e7303403667739066782b1c458ede2b4462a8ebd6aeacf97efecd4bdde7

Thanks. See this GH issue for further info:
https://github.com/smartmontools/smartmontools/issues/207

Is this also reported by a scanner on your local system?
If yes, please send a False Posititive report to the vendor of the scanner.
If no, there is no need to report VirusTotal results here as I
frequently check its results. A few minutes ago, I updated the info on
the "Download" wiki page accordingly.

Thanks,
Christian