[smartmontools-support] NVME testing question

Thane K. Sherrington thane at computerconnectionltd.com
Wed Jul 13 21:32:40 CEST 2022

I've noticed the Smartmontools can't access SMART on NVME drives on Acer
(and some other model) laptops.  (I see a lot of Acers.)  The WD
Dashboard can run and display SMART information, so clearly it's there,
but blocked by some sort of driver/BIOS issue.
Any suggestions on how to get this information?   As I mentioned, I see
a lot of Acers, so I'm happy to do testing on this end if that helps.

Thanks,

--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
*Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016,
2017, 2018 and 2019!*
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)