[smartmontools-support] SSD temperature

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sat Aug 27 19:14:09 CEST 2022

On 2022-08-27 18:48, James wrote:

> Aug. 27, 2022 10:23:28 Thane K. Sherrington <thane at computerconnectionltd.com>:
>
>> I had a similar problem and it turned out the video card was too close to the SSD and was causing it to overheat.  So look for other sources of heat.
>
> How do you fix that?
> You can't move slots.

That other component would also be overheating, and there would be a
problem with the general cooling of the machine, or specific to that
component. Like the video card fan not working.

However, your ssd reached 84°C on one sensor, and 37°C on another. My
guess that's internal heat, not external.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.3 x86_64 at Telcontar)