[smartmontools-support] No C++11 in Fedora 15,

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Mon Sep 6 19:15:49 CEST 2021

Leigh Clayton wrote:
>   Hi. As requested, when I tried to build smartmontools 7.2 I was told
> that configure could not find c++11. Not a surprise, but as requested
> here is my system information:
>
>      Fedora 15
>      gcc (GCC) 4.6.3 20120306 (Red Hat 4.6.3-2)

Thanks for the info. This is actually the second report since I added
this check in 2017.

GCC 4.6 has some early C++11 support:
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.6/cxx0x_status.html

The smartmontools code from current SVN uses some C++11 features.
Building with GCC 4.6 might still work with the following configure cmd:

./configure --without-cxx11-option CXXFLAGS='-std=gnu++0x'

Source tarballs and Linux binaries are available at
https://builds.smartmontools.org/

>   After specifying that, it did warn about systemd and NVME devices,
> but I've ignored those both and am hoping for the best.

These warnings could be safely ignored.

Thanks,
Christian