[smartmontools-support] Access full background media scan log?

Sean M. Brannon smbrannon at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 00:01:13 CET 2021

Ubuntu 20.04smartctl v7.1

I have a failing(failed, really) Seagate Constellation ES.3 SAS drive which has used up all of its spare blocks for grown defects. I would like to read the entire background media scan log to see with LBAs were unrecoverable in order to attempt to determine which files are affected. However, smartctl -x or -l background truncates the output with:
Full output available here:  https://pastebin.com/JGmGjsEi
Does anyone know how I can read the entire background media scan log?

Thank you for taking your time to read this.