[smartmontools-support] Samsung raw value interpretation

Winston Bennett wbennett at mynetwatchman.com
Thu Mar 11 21:25:20 CET 2021

Good Day!

I am trying to convert my total LBAs written, attribute number 241, into TBW in order to get a percentage of TBW remaining for a series of drives. So far I have taken the total LBAs written multiplied it by the sector size to get bytes and converted that result  into terabytes. However the result that I get does not line up with the normalized value for that metric. I wonder if the total LBAs written are presented in some sort of units like bytes or something instead of a unites integer value. I would appreciate if you could tell me how to look up the way metrics are being presented in the smartctl tool.

Thanks

Winston