[smartmontools-support] Extended test doesn't catch CurrentPendingSector and OfflineUncorrectableSector errors

Dipanjan Das mail.dipanjan.das at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:52:57 CEST 2021

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 at 00:58, Claudio Kuenzler <napsty at gmail.com> wrote:

> And yes, the sector errors (which you can also see with "smartctl -a
> /dev/yourdrive") are most likely related to the self test read failure.

With "smartctl -a /dev/mydevice", I can only see this information:

197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always
    -       1
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline
   -       6

Is there any way to know which exact sectors are affected?

--

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanjan