[smartmontools-support] More issues with documented, paths, in compile from source?

Nodi Rubrum node.red.automation at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 17:12:01 CEST 2021

The service file example references the environment file as the
following path...

EnvironmentFile=-/usr/local/etc/sysconfig/smartmontools

But that directory does not exist compile from source nor is documented
in the compile from source instructions that it is even needed?  If you
provide an example 'service' file, why not document what it requires?

You will don't explain stuff well in reference to the service file
setup?  Is this document somewhere other than the wiki or web site?

So do I create the path? What do I put in the directory?  Just the
smartd.conf?  Or will smartd fine the conf file in /etc/smartd.conf?
Can't seem to find any clear documentation on this.