[smartmontools-support] smartmontools 7.1-1build1 and SAMSUNG MZPLJ3T2HBJR-00007

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Wed Feb 17 14:54:27 CET 2021

Алексей Щербина wrote:
> When I query SAMSUNG MZPLJ3T2HBJR-00007 NVME SSD with sudo smartctl -a
> /dev/nvme1 I can't get the info about Supported LBA Sizes. Is that a
> bug? Is that SAMSING SSD too new?
> I use smartmontools 7.1-1build1 on Ubuntu Server 20.04.2

Is "Namespace 1 Formatted LBA Size" printed ?
If not, does this SSD possibly support multiple namespaces?
If yes, then try to select a specific namespace with '-d nvme,..' option
or a namespace specific device name.

Please provide the smartctl output as an attachment (optional: add '-q
noserial').

Thanks,
Christian