[smartmontools-support] DEFAULT -n standby not working for Adaptec Raid

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:38:35 CET 2021

Christian Franke said:

>Try '-i 86400' command line option.

-i is an attribute to ignore not an interval AFAICT

-i ID

[ATA only] Ignore device Attribute number ID when checking for failure of
Usage Attributes. ID must be a decimal integer in the range from 1 to 255.
This Directive modifies the behavior of the '-f' Directive and has no effect
without it.
This is useful, for example, if you have a very old disk and don't want to
keep getting messages about the hours-on-lifetime Attribute (usually
Attribute 9) failing. This Directive may appear multiple times for a single
device, if you want to ignore multiple Attributes.

David