[smartmontools-support] Smartmontools NVMe Support for QNX (os_qnxnto)

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Fri Oct 2 17:14:35 CEST 2020

Hi,

Alex Martir wrote:
> Hello, I hope this email finds you well. I am trying to run
> smartmontools on qnx7.0 in order to get information on my *nvme* ssd
> drive (temperature, etc). I believe that this functionality (NVMe) is
> missing from smartmontools (file os_qnxnto.cpp) and was wondering if
> this will be added in a future release?

os_qnxnto.cpp only implements ATA pass-through. There were only a few
minor (compile, cleanup, comment) fixes since the original version from
2007, see [1]. There is no active maintainer for the smartmontools qnx port.

> If not, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to implement the
> missing pieces.

I don't have access to any qnx product.

Do current qnx versions actually support NVMe pass-through functionality?
If yes, is documentation and/or sample source code available to the public?

Regards,
Christian

[1]
https://www.smartmontools.org/log/trunk/smartmontools/os_qnxnto.cpp?mode=follow_copy