[smartmontools-support] nvme drive partial support

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Fri Nov 13 12:53:24 CET 2020

Kwon-Young Choi wrote:
>> Please run:
>> $ sudo nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0
>> and report the value behind "elpe:" (Error Log Page Entries).
> ```
> $ sudo nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0 | grep elpe
> elpe      : 254
> ```
>
> Well, it seems that `nvme` also reports that there is 254 log page entries.

I will change 'smartctl -l error[,NUM]' such that only the requested
number of entries are read. This should hide such firmware bugs in most
cases.

> It indeed seems that it is a firmware bug.
> Can I do something about this ?

I don't know. If there is no new firmware available which fixes this,
you could possibly report the problem to SK hynix customer support.

Thanks,
Christian