[smartmontools-support] nvme drive partial support

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Fri Nov 13 11:39:58 CET 2020

Kwon-Young Choi wrote:
> So, your reasoning seems correct except for the log size that work and
> not work.
> For me, both 16320 and 16256 does not work, but after a binary search, I
> found that I can read the log with a `log-len` of 6091 and it stops
> working with a `log-len` of 6092.

Interesting ...
This means that the drive supports at most 95 error log entries, but
smartctl detected 254 (and accidentally read 255).

So this is either another smartctl bug or a drive firmware bug.

Please run:
$ sudo nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0
and report the value behind "elpe:" (Error Log Page Entries).

Thanks,
Christian