[smartmontools-support] Getting SSD attribute Raw values on Illumos/Solaris

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Sat May 30 14:27:18 CEST 2020

@ trgowtham123: Please retry with '-d sat,12'.

> Only remaining problem that I have found (Solaris only, not Illumos)
> is that every smartmontool call increases iostat error counters. Not a
> real problem but annoying.

If the increase occurs with '-H', but not with '-i -c -A -l error -l
selftest -l selective', then the kernel misinterprets the SCSI sense
returning ATA output registers as an error. This was a common problem in
the early days of SAT. Possibly fixed in Illumos only.

Thanks,
Christian