[smartmontools-support] interface or disk problem?

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Tue Mar 24 17:27:10 CET 2020

Alex wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 12:23 PM Claudio Kuenzler<napsty at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Run
>>
>> smartctl -a /dev/sdd
>>
>> And show the output here
> Ah, thanks, I meant to do that initially. I also just ran a short test
> and it appears to have passed successfully.
>
> # smartctl --all /dev/sdd
> 199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x0032   200   197   000    Old_age
> Always       -       127
> 200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   0x0008   200   200   000    Old_age
> Offline      -       0
>
> SMART Error Log Version: 1
> No Errors Logged

Examine the SATA Phy Event Counters ('smartctl -l sataphy') to check for
cable problems.

Note that 'smartctl --all' output only provides legacy SMART info.
Option -x (--xall) enables the full listing which also includes -l sataphy.

Please use plain text attachments for smartctl output to avoid reformatting.

Thanks,
Christian