[smartmontools-support] Stable version of smartmontools

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Sun Dec 20 12:46:32 CET 2020

Palak,

Palak Garg wrote:
> what is the latest stable version of smartmontools pkg?
> I am currently using 7.0.2 version, will you provide support to this
> version in next 2-3 years? or I need to upgrade?

We never released a 7.0.2 version:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/files/smartmontools/7.0/

Is 7.0.2 (or 7.0-2) the version number of a smartmontools 7.0 binary
package from some distribution?

The latest released version is 7.1. See "News" section at
https://www.smartmontools.org/. Version 7.2 will be released soon.

We maintain drive database branches also for older versions:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Download#Updatethedrivedatabase

We usually do not maintain "stable" or "LTS" branches of older versions
of the source tree. Backward compatibility is kept as far as possible
instead.

Thanks,
Christian