[smartmontools-support] USB with idVendor 0x054c Sony Corp.

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Sat Nov 9 11:26:34 CET 2019

CESAR MURILO DA SILVA JUNIOR wrote:

> I saw a list of supported USB
> <https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices> that
> idVendor 0x054c Sony Corp is not supported. Why doesn't it exist? Is
> there anything I can do for new existing versions? We have a server
> with '/' mounted on this flash drive, and we would like to constantly
> monitor its health through smartctl. :(

Please try whether 'smartctl -d sat ...' works for this device and
report the result and the complete USB Id here. Then we could add the
device to the drive database. The USB Id should be printed if smartctl
is run without the '-d' option.

> Our installed smartctl version: smartctl 5.43 2012-06-30 r3573
> [x86_64-linux-3.10.17] (local build)

This version is very old but drive database updates are still available:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Download#Updatethedrivedatabase

--
Regards,
Christian