[smartmontools-support] Empty LBA_first_err

xalloc xalloc at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:42:03 CET 2019

My system reports some I/O errors so I tried a smartctl long test.
I was reading here:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/BadBlockHowto

hoping to be able to avoid the faulty blocks. The problem is I always get an empty LBA_first_err value:

SMART Self-test log
Num  Test              Status                 segment  LifeTime  LBA_first_err [SK ASC ASQ]
     Description                              number   (hours)
# 1  Background long   Completed, segment failed   7   16910                 - [0x4 0x3e 0x3]
# 2  Background short  Completed, segment failed   7   16907                 - [-   -    -]

So how can I proceed?
Thank you