[smartmontools-support] smartmontools 6.7 issue

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Mon Oct 29 10:55:30 CET 2018

Hi,

Michelle Wang wrote:

> Hi smartmontools support,
>
> I have a urgent question about smartmontools 6.7, after I installed
> the smartmontools 6.7, and there was not
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/smartd.service,, when I run “systemctl status
> smartd”, it shows “Unit smartd.service could not be found”.

Please note that smartmontools 6.7 has not yet been officially released.
This "6.7-0.r4775" package is some build from a ~8 weeks old SVN
snapshot. Which distribution or package source do you use ?

IIRC there are distributions which use "smartmontools" instead of
"smartd" for the service name.

If there is no systemd service file (or initd script) for smartd in this
package, this is a packaging issue. Please contact the maintainer of
this package.

Note that we not provide packages for specific Linux distributions. The
packages from https://builds.smartmontools.org/ do not contain any initd
script or service file.

Thanks,
Christian