[smartmontools-support] Unable to configure .conf file to detect SMART enabled drive

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Thu May 24 10:33:59 CEST 2018

Andries Bester [Paradigm] wrote:
> I have two Crucial SSD drives in Hardware RAID 1 on a Windows Server 2012R2 Standard OS (several servers)
> Attached screenshots shows the RAID card information as well as the Crucial Drive Information.
>   Also that the SSD drives as S.M.A.R.T. capable.
>
> But when I run smarctl.exe it reports the drives as not S.M.A.R.T. capable. (page 10)

This is the SCSI view of the logical drive emulated by the Intel RAID
controller. Smartmontools support for physical drives behind RAID
controller is platform and controller specific, see:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_RAID-Controllers

The Windows driver for this Intel controller also supports some MegaRAID
controllers and therefore might support CSMI I/O-controls. To check
whether this is the case, please provide the output of:

   smartctl -r ioctl,2 --scan

Redirect the output to a file and provide it as a plain .txt attachment.
Please do not use screen shots.

Thanks,
Christian