[smartmontools-support] Temperature Sensors?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Mar 29 18:29:30 CEST 2018

The smartctl commands does not appear to work with nvme drives, so I've been messing around with the nvme command (part of the nvme-cli package) to gather operational metrics on some Samsung 960 Pro drives. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anyone who knows anything about the temperature sensors. The command reports three temperature-related values:

Temperature
Temperature Sensor 1
Temperature Sensor 2

Does anyone know what sensors 1 and 2 mean?

--Eric