[smartmontools-support] Log positive / all polling results with smartd

GRBurst GRBurst at protonmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:58:03 CET 2018

Hey there,

maybe I am missing this point but it seems to me that it is not possible to log positive / successful polls of smartd.

According to the manpage, smartd polls a device every 30 minutes (configurable) and logs errors or changes of SMART attributes. I can change its log locations and other parameters, but for me it would be convenient if I could log all results of a poll, including those where no errors or changes occured. In such a case it would be nice to log health status with a timestamp or even better be able to define attributes that should be displayed in the log (e.g. health, temperature, ...).

This would explicitly indicate that everything is fine.

An use case is that I want to visualize these data on an overall health page (private Server) while logging this data to a separate logfile (e.g. via the logfacility parameter) and parse it.

So is it possible to achieve that somehow?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards

GRBurst