[smartmontools-support] SAS report interpretation

sinan at turka.nl sinan at turka.nl
Mon Nov 27 11:32:00 CET 2017

Hello,

I have 2 different disk models in my server, which are:
- MM1000FBFVR
- MM1000FECVH

The disks are behind a Dell RAID Controller.

When I perform the following:
# smartctl -a -d megaraid,22 /dev/sda

I get directly a response with the report. Disk 22 is model MM1000FECVH.

When I perform the same command against disk MM1000FBFVR it takes 1-3
seconds to get the report. Is this normal?

Another question I have is how to interpret the following:
               ECC          rereads/    errors   algorithm      processed
  uncorrected
           fast | delayed   rewrites  corrected  invocations   [10^9
bytes]  errors
read:          0        0         0         0          0         15.601
       0
write:         0        0         0         0          0        383.325
       0
verify:        0        0         0         0          0         69.680
       0

Especially I would like to know what "verify"  means and what numbers are
normal, when should I worry?

Thanks!

Sinan