[smartmontools-support] svn Id 4609 missing from 179532 byte drivedb.h fetched by update-smart-drivedb ?

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Fri Nov 10 23:21:06 CET 2017

Bill Day wrote:
> I think (svn) $Id$ 4609 missing around line 75 of  179532 byte
> drivedb.h fetched by update-smart-drivedb
>
> /*
> const drive_settings builtin_knowndrives[] = {
>  */
>   { "$Id$",
>     "-", "-",
>     "This is a dummy entry to hold the SVN-Id of drivedb.h",
>     ""
>   },
>
> Expected something like that in drivedb.h.old:
>
>>   { "$Id: drivedb.h 4591 2017-11-04 22:40:53Z chrfranke $",

This is as expected and does not break anything.

By default, the update script uses the https URL from the SVN
repository. The SVN server does not expand the Id or other keywords.
This is normally done by the SVN client which is not involved here.

If you want the Id, download from sourceforge code browser:

update-smart-driveb -u sf

or use original URL but with SVN client (if installed) as download tool:

update-smart-driveb -t svn

Add -v option to see what happens.

Regards,
Christian