[Smartmontools-database] 回复: 回复: Please help to add SMART info(SSSTC ER2-XXX)

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Tue Oct 20 11:24:39 CEST 2020

Koby Ou wrote:

> Hi Franke,
>
>        Thank you help to update SSSTC model to driverdb.
>
> But  I have a problem when I  update driverdb.h.
>
>        I try to issue command *“sudo
> /usr/local/sbin/update-smart-driverdb*”,
>
> it shows:
>
> “/usr/local/share/smartmontools/driverdb.h” is already up to date, but
> there is still no find the SSSTC model in  the driverdb, it looks like
> the driverdb.h can not updated to the newest db. Why?

Hi,

could reproduce the problem. Looks like a some unwanted caching effect
when the 7.0 branch is downloaded from our svn repo at sourceforge with
curl. Workaround: Use wget or download from our github mirror:

Try:

    sudo /usr/local/sbin/update-smart-driverdb -t wget

or:

    sudo /usr/local/sbin/update-smart-driverdb -u github

Thanks,
Christian