[Smartmontools-database] Please add KingSpec NT-512 SSD

Marius Gavrilescu marius at ieval.ro
Thu May 7 11:57:59 CEST 2020

Christian Franke <Christian.Franke at t-online.de> writes:

> Attribute set looks similar to existing entry "JMicron based SSDs".
> AFAICS Maxiotek is a spin-off from JMicron SSD controller section.
> JMicron no longer advertises SSD controllers.

Hi,

Yes, from reading a bit online it seems Chipstar/Maxiotek are rebranded
JMicron. For example in this article (in Russian, I used Google
Translate):

https://www.ixbt.com/data/alfawise-nt-256-sandisk-ultra-3d-256gb-test.html

it says JMicron controllers are now sold under the Maxiotek brand, and
that the "Maxio MAS0902A-B2C" controller is also called
"Chipstar CS1802A-B2C", especially in KingSpec SSDs.

So this is a JMicron controller under the Maxiotek brand, and I'm not
sure if it's a MK8115 or a MAS0902A.

I see the entry for "JMicron branded SSDs" in drivedb.h.
I think the model numbers for this ssd are NT-size, so NT-64, NT-128,
NT-256, NT-512, NT-1T, and presumably NT-2T for the 2TB variant?
--
Marius Gavrilescu