[Smartmontools-database] USB external drive reports "Read Device Identity failed"

Robert Stocker kneadtoknow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:34:39 CET 2020

That definitely looks like something I need to look at long and hard before
trying to implement on my DVR. Is there a way to be "sure [my] particular
device does properly support SAT mode even though the kernel detects it as
a device that does not"? I see the linked thread that I'm guessing used to
tell you how to do that is crossed out, presumably because it no longer
does?