[Smartmontools-database] Options to get a drive into the smartmontools drive database

Samuel Ruprecht samuel.ruprecht at andeo.ch
Wed Apr 1 17:52:33 CEST 2020

Hello

I have created the ticket #1301 (https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/1301 ) in the trac a few weeks ago for a disk
model which is not yet in the smartmontools drive database.

Now since we are using this disk type in multiple mission critical systems, I would be very glad if this drive gets added
to the drive database as quick as possible, so that we can be sure we monitor the disk stats properly.

Preferably the patch would be written by myself or somebody in the company, but we currently don’t have the resources or knowledge for that.
I am aware that creating a patch takes its time and therefore I would like to ask if the possibility exists to speed up the process by e.g. donating somewhere or pay somebody to do it for us?

Any information on this topic would be very welcome.

Best Regards,
Samuel Ruprecht