[Smartmontools-database] Fwd: expansion board SupTronics X850 v3.1

Igor Khaidakin khaidakin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 06:43:26 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
От: Igor Khaidakin <khaidakin at gmail.com>
Date: сб, 28 сент. 2019 г. в 21:23
Subject: Re: [Smartmontools-database] expansion board SupTronics X850 v3.1
To: Christian Franke <Christian.Franke at t-online.de>

Hi Christian!

Thank you for answering my question!

I launched the smartctl with the parameters according to your
recommendation  sudo smartctl -t short /dev/sda -d sat
and received this information:

smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [armv7l-linux-4.19.66-v7+] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model:     MV-32
Serial Number:    979072017042
Firmware Version: 20150825
User Capacity:    31,937,527,808 bytes [31.9 GB]
Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
Rotation Rate:    Solid State Device
Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
ATA Version is:   ATA8-ACS (minor revision not indicated)
SATA Version is:  SATA 2.6, 3.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)
Local Time is:    Sat Sep 28 21:18:48 2019 EEST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled
AAM feature is:   Unavailable
APM feature is:   Unavailable
Rd look-ahead is: Unavailable
Write cache is:   Enabled
ATA Security is:  Unavailable
Wt Cache Reorder: Unavailable

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
Offline data collection status:  (0x02) Offline data collection activity
was completed without error.
Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled.
Total time to complete Offline
data collection: (    1) seconds.
Offline data collection
capabilities: (0x00) Offline data collection not supported.
SMART capabilities:            (0x0002) Does not save SMART data before
entering power-saving mode.
Supports SMART auto save timer.
Error logging capability:        (0x00) Error logging NOT supported.
No General Purpose Logging support.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 1
Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAGS    VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
  1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     ------   100   100   050    -    0
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   ------   100   100   050    -    0
 12 Power_Cycle_Count       ------   100   100   050    -    129
160 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    198
161 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    59
162 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    42
163 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    21
164 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    23327
165 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    70
166 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    1
167 Unknown_Attribute       ------   100   100   050    -    22
192 Power-Off_Retract_Count ------   100   100   050    -    0
194 Temperature_Celsius     ------   100   100   000    -    37 (Min/Max
17/48)
195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered  ------   100   100   050    -    32
196 Reallocated_Event_Count ------   100   100   050    -    0
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   ------   000   000   000    -    0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    ------   100   100   050    -    0
241 Total_LBAs_Written      ------   100   100   050    -    3790
242 Total_LBAs_Read         ------   100   100   050    -    631
                            ||||___ R error rate
                            |||____ S speed/performance
                            ||_____ O updated online
                            |______ P prefailure warning

Read SMART Log Directory failed: scsi error aborted command

General Purpose Log Directory not supported

SMART Extended Comprehensive Error Log (GP Log 0x03) not supported

SMART Error Log not supported

SMART Extended Self-test Log (GP Log 0x07) not supported

Read SMART Self-test Log failed: scsi error aborted command

Selective Self-tests/Logging not supported

SCT Commands not supported

Device Statistics (GP/SMART Log 0x04) not supported

SATA Phy Event Counters (GP Log 0x11) not supported

But after launching smartctl, strange things started to happen to my
Raspberry. Everything started to slow down very much. The restart command
failed and the system continued to work.
Therefore, I was forced to turn off the power on my Raspberry and turn it
on again. After powering up, everything continued to work as before, but I
can not decide to experiment further with smartctl since I see that it does
not work correctly.

Tell me please, how can I properly configure and use SmartMonTools with my
Raspberry?

Sincerely, Igor Khaidakin.

сб, 28 сент. 2019 г. в 12:43, Christian Franke <Christian.Franke at t-online.de

--