[Smartmontools-database] Seagate RSS LLC SRD0NF2 [Expansion Desktop Drive] support

Benjamin Bergman ben at benbergman.ca
Sun Feb 17 08:05:09 CET 2019

I just picked up a Seagate RSS LLC SRD0NF2 [Expansion Desktop Drive] USB 3
hard drive today and discovered it is not currently supported by
smartmontools in Linux. I grabbed my partner's Windows computer and ran the
SeaTools for Windows and discovered the test suite has a SMART test mode on
the "SAS-SCSI-FC" interface (it also presents under a "USB-1394" interface
which does not have a SMART option).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get this drive supported.