[Smartmontools-database] Seagate Backup Plus 8TB USB 3 Hub (was: New USB Disk for Smartmontools USB Device Support)

Gabriele Pohl gp at dipohl.de
Thu Nov 1 16:45:32 CET 2018

Hi Marvin,

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:10:15 +0200
Marvin Winkler wrote:

> I've just tested my new 8TB USB 3.0 Harddrive - please add this to the list
>
> Device: Seagate Backup Plus Desktop External Desktop Hard Drive & Mobile
> Device Backup USB 3.0 for PC and Mac (STDT3000200), black
>
> Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01IAD5ZC6
>
> USB ID: 0x0bc2:0xab38

a new record for this USB ID was added to our wiki page 6 weeks ago
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices?action=diff&version=358&old_version=354
under section "unsupported devices" as the smartctl report there was very small..

> Version: Tested with smartctl 6.6
> Kernel: Linux 4.4.0-130-generic #156-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
> Name: Seagate Backup Plus 8TB USB 3 Hub

Please send your output from smartctl as TEXT attachment:

smartctl -q noserial -d scsi -x /dev/sdX > smartctl-VENDOR-MODEL.txt

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Gabriele