[Smartmontools-database] Unrecognised USB device: "Intenso Memory Center"

hj.berkendyke at protonmail.com hj.berkendyke at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:41:36 CET 2018

Hello Gabriele!

Thanks for your reply, as well as for the work! Regarding your questions:

> I added an entry to our "supported usb devices" list
>
> https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices?action=diff&version=338&old_version=337
>
> Please check if it's ok so.
>
> Especially: Is the link to the product page the right one?
AFAICT, it is; the article number on the retail box and the enclosure is "6031511" - just like on the data sheet. The retail box and the device look exactly as on the linked page.

Looking at another but slightly older Intenso disk I had access to, the vendor seems to mix USB controllers - even for devices with same article number. In this instance, an older Intenso disk with the same article number features a different USB controller (USB ID 174c:55aa, an ASMedia Technology controller which is also fully supported by smartmontools :-) ).

The enclosure of my device and the older device look the same. The only difference I can see is an unspecified string of characters on the sticker on the bottom of the enclosure. On the device with USB ID 152d:578e, it reads "05-1709-27A" just below the article number - probably a production batch number.

> > Also, its USB id wasn't yet in the online usb.ids database.
>
> It would be nice if you sent the info also to Mr. Gowdy
Of course! I had submitted the information on the same day, using the Mr. Gowdy's web interface:
https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UD/152d/578e

It seems that the entry needs to be reviewed before inclusion.

Kind regards,

H.J.