[qutebrowser] Wayland crashed and all tabs, history and cookies gone! Recoverable?

Bearcat M. Şándor bearcatsandor at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 06:31:54 CEST 2022

(cross post from the reddit group)

My wayland session crashed back to my login manager.  When I re-entered my
session and fired up qutebrowser i was faced with the quick-start page.  My
tabs, and cookes were gone. My history is also empty.  Is there a place I
can recover the 200-ish tabs that I've lost? (yeah, yeah it's rediculous i
know, but I'm not the only one with Tab-itus.)

Help?

edit:  Ok, i see the ~/.share/qutebrowser-backup\* directories, but how do
i reload back to those states? If i want to recover what's in
~/.local/share/qutebrowser-backup-crashrecovery-20220729_143526/ how would
I do that? Should I quit qutebrowser and copy that directory over
~/.local/share/qutebrowser, then load it up again?