[qutebrowser] Opening editor with Alacritty

Bearcat M. Şándor bearcatsandor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:44:00 CET 2021

I have the common problem of opening an editor for a text box and having
that fail.

*/usr/bin/alacritty '-e /usr/bin/nvim' /tmp/qutebrowser-editor-pc7oapv1  *is
the command that it's running but of course the single quotes around the -e
switch shouldn't be there, and alacritty errors out. However, if I remove
them from my config file which has *c.editor.command =
['usr/bin/alacritty', '-e /usr/bin/nvim/', '{}'] . * If I change it to
 *c.editor.command
= ['usr/bin/alacritty', -e /usr/bin/nvim/, '{}']  *the config won't load

Anyone have an ideas, or have edit-text working with alacritty?

Thanks
--
Bearcat M. Şándor
Feline Soul Studio LLC