[qutebrowser] pdf.js problem

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jul 13 16:11:37 CEST 2021

Hey,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 01:00:41PM +0000, A via qutebrowser wrote:
> I have a problem using pdf.js with my custom config.py. With default
> config.py it works fine but I cannot figure out the settings which
> disable pdf.js functionality. I tried to allow all things disabled in
> custom config.py for pdfjs but it doesn't work. Please see the
> attached files, one shows the differences in the config files, the
> other shows the differences in the debug output. Both times I opened
> the same pdf-URL.

From a quick test, it looks like it's
content.local_content_can_access_file_urls.

Note that here:

> with config.pattern('*://pdfjs/*') as p:
>     c.content.autoplay = True
>     c.content.canvas_reading = True
>     c.content.webrtc_ip_handling_policy = 'all-interfaces'
>     c.content.cookies.accept = 'all'
>     c.content.dns_prefetch = False
>     c.content.headers.referer = 'same-domain'
>     c.content.local_content_can_access_file_urls = True
>     c.content.local_content_can_access_remote_urls = True
>     c.content.plugins = True
>     c.content.webgl = True
>     p.content.cache.appcache = True
>     p.content.javascript.enabled = True
>     p.content.local_storage = True
>     c.content.javascript.can_access_clipboard = True
>     p.content.persistent_storage = True

You set most of your settings on 'c' (the global config object, which
gets overwritten again below) rather than 'p' (the scoped object for
*://pdfjs/*).

However this should work properly even without that setting, I opened an
issue to track this: https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/6594

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org