[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v2.2.0 released!

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Apr 13 17:47:42 CEST 2021

Hey,

quick follow-up for distribution packagers - there's a regression
causing frequent crashes related to notifications when using GNOME's
legacy notification daemon (e.g. as part of GNOME Flashback, and
possibly MATE/Cinnamon, though I didn't check those).

Here's a patch:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/commit/8232d384929641be7409e026d20843a2edd73e48

A v2.2.1 will follow in a couple of days or so, I want to wait to see if
there are more issues before doing yet another release (and also things
are a bit busy for the next 2-3 weeks, so it might take longer than
intended).

Long story short: You might want to add the patch above to your v2.2.0
package.

Sorry for the trouble!

Florian

--